Blog By mariam | 26-07-19
Salman Khan Is All Set To Become Mama For The Second Time
Nair created History by smashing a triple ton against England on the fourth day of the fifth test which was being played at Chennai. He became only the second Indian to reach this milestone.
Before this, only Virendra Sehwag was able to do this on couple of occasions. Let us tell you interesting facts about Karun Nair that you might not know.
He lived in Kerala but actually played his U15 cricket for Tamil Nadu. As far as his domestic debut is concerned, he made his debut in Ranji Trophy in 2013 against Punjab.
This is not it. The better facts are yet to come.
Keep reading ahead to know more facts about him.
Here are some more facts about him...
* He is the only batsman to hit a six and finish the final of Ranji Trophy. It ended Karnataka’s 15-year-wait for a Ranji title.
* In 2016 IPL auction, Nair was bought for Rs 4 crore by Delhi Daredevils which was almost 40 times his base price of Rs 10 lakh.
* His innings of 303* is the third highest Test score by an Indian. 319 and 309 scored by Sehwag against South Africa and Pakistan respectively occupy the top two spots.
* Nair is the quickest to score 300 in Tests, in only his third innings. Len Hutton had reached the mark in his 9th innings.
* This is also the highest individual score by an Indian against England, bettering Virat Kohli's 235 in Mumbai.
* Nair (25 years and 13 days) is the youngest Indian and 6th youngest overall to register a triple ton in Test cricket. Sobers was the youngest - he hit a triple-century at the age of 21 years 213 days.
* There are only two batsmen who have made a bigger score than Nair, batting at No. 5 or lower. Michael Clarke's 329 not out against India at the SCG (2011-12) and Don Bradman's 304 in Leeds (1934) are placed above Nair.
Now this man definitely has a very bright future in cricket.